The first goal of GoodWay v5 is to provide flight planning for X-Plane 10 (and X-Plane 9).
Another important goal is integration with this fantastic flight simulator.
This is why this new version comes with 2 parts: the plugin (GoodWay On Board) and the standalone program (GoodWay Alone).
Here is what you will be able to do the plugin:
- Create flight plans manually.
- Modify your GoodWay flight plans.
- Follow your flight live on a map.
- Display the navigation data from the X-Plane database.
- Program your Flight Management System (FMS).
- Submit your flight plan to X-Plane Air Traffic Control.
- Tune your radios on the navigation frequencies of the flight plan.
- Submit your flight plan to the XQuawkbox world wide network.
As you can see in the picture, you will mainly use 2 windows: the flight plan displayed as a list and the world air routes map entirely parameterizable.
The plugin comes as a complement of the standalone GoodWay software well known by all X-Plane pilots.
As a reminder, standalone GoodWay software has followed X-Plane evolution since 2001 and runs outside of X-Plane.
You will still need it to perform following tasks:
- Let GoodWay powerful engine create a flight plan only asking you for the departure and the arrival locations.
- Check the status of world wide flight simulation networks such as Vatsim or IVAO.
- Display the weather conditions on the map.
- Display the Holding Patterns you will need if you are kept waiting before landing.
… More information coming soon …